Neurology and Gerontology
Neurology is the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system. We, so called neurologists, specializes to treat disorders that affect the brain , spinal cord, and peripheral nerves such as dementias, cerebrovascular diseases, headache, epilepsy, neurodegenerative diseases (e.g. Parkinson disease), and neuromuscular diseases.
At consulting room, we carefully collect clinical information including detailed history and neurological findings from patients. Then, we sometimes offer the following tests for accurate diagnosis.
- Computerized tomography or computer-assisted tomography (CT or CAT scan)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Color duplex cervical sonography, Transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electromyogram including nerve conduction study (EMG)
Many of us also have additional training or interest in one area of the neurology. When patients need treatment for stroke, epilepsy, headache, neuromuscular disorders, and dystonia, we can offer optimal specialist service in our clinic.