Pain Clinic and Palliative Care
The Pain Clinic is the outpatient department of our Pain Treatment & Palliative Care Unit. We offer conventional treatments and try to support cancer patients who suffer from a variety of symptoms (pain, fatigue, nausea, breathlessness etc.),caused by cancer and its treatment. One of the treatments offered is ultrasound-guided nerve block using a local anesthetic. When surgery is required, treatment includes hospitalization.
Content of treatment
- The pain clinic accepts new patients without reservation, for return visits however a reservation is necessary. Palliative care only accepts new patients with a referral, and is reservation only. The following treatments are offered. Nerve blocks for various indications.
(Such as, Post therapeutic neuralgia, Complex regional pain syndrome, headache, Trigeminal neuralgia, Great occipital trigeminal syndrome, Oral pain, Lumbago, Leg pain, Stiff shoulder, Post-traumatic pain, Central pain, ASO, Facial nerve paralysis, Facial spasm etc.)
- Various kinds of nerve blocks are being offered. (Under Ultrasound-guided, X-ray fluoroscopy, Stellate ganglion block, Trigeminal nerve block, Trigger point block, Root block, Sympathetic nerve block, Celiac plexus block, botulinum injections etc.)
- Combination drug therapy.
(Anti-inflammatory analgesic, Adjuvant analgesics, Opioid analgesic, Steroid, Kampo (Chinese herbal medicine))
- Light therapy with Xe, SSP, Low-power laser.
- Surgical procedures. (Epiduroscopy for lumbar pain, SCS: Spinal Cord Stimulation etc.)
- We have a palliative care ward with 16 beds. We strive to support patients and their family by offering an environment to ease their mind.