Department of Blood Purification
Department of Dialysis and Apheresis at KPUM is provided by a team of professionals including Fellow of the Japanese Society for Dialysis Therapy, registered nurses and certified medical engineer. Our goal is to maintain and improve the health and quality of life for patients. We continuously monitor clinical indicators in order to improve the quality of patient care and to maintain our high standards of operation.
We treat the following disease with hemodialysis and apheresis therapy.
- HD, HDF, on-line HDF
- Acute renal failure (Heart Failure, Shock, Sepsis, Post Surgery, AKI)
- Chronic kidney failure (End Stage Renal Disease)
- Plasma exchange (PE, DFPP)
Liver Failure, Fulminant Hepatitis, Neurologic disease, Blood disease, Skin disease, Drug Intoxication, Antibody Removal for Organ Transplantation
- LDL apheresis
Familial Hypercholesterolemia, ASO, FSGS
- Leukapheresis (L-CAP), Granulocyte apheresis (G-CAP)
Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn disease
- Cell-free and Concentrated Ascites Reinfusion Therapy (CART)
Cirrhosis, Peritonitis Carcinomatosa
- Endotoxin adsorption (PMX)